|Limba de redactare||română|
|Excerpt||„Teodor Cincu” History Museum holds in its inventory two ceramic containers that were used for the storage and transportation of vitriol. No additional references regarding the date and place of discovery were found. Therefore, their provenance is uncertain. The large reddish brown ceramic containers present a coarse ware. Their surface is covered by enamel. The containers have a squared section, with|
rounded edges and no handles. Inside thread finishes are visible on the short neck of the containers. The body of one of the containers is slightly deformed and presents three metal circles. Both containers have a seal in oval plates on their shoulders. A digit which represents a pottery or an internal symbol are also visible on the containers’ shoulders. One of the seals is unintelligible and placed within a small plate which is usually designated for the production year. The other seal has the inscription „JOH.DAV.STARCK.BŘAS” and is placed within a bigger plate. The inscription reveals the name of the manufacturer and the place where the product was made. Johann David Starck was the principal vitriol manufacturer in Bohemia, in the XIXth century. The storage and transport of sulphuric acid required high quantities of ceramic containers. At the beginning, the ceramic containers were imported from Waldenburg.In order to reduce the costs of production, due to the import of the containers, Starck has established his own factory in 1797 and hired potters from Bohemia and Waldenburg. The ceramic containers presented in the current study dating from the XIXth century were used for the storage and transport of vitriol produced by Johan David Starck.
|Paginaţia|||< << 252-265 >> >||
|Titlul volumului de apariție|
|Editura||Publicat de: Cetatea de Scaun|