- Address: No. 16 Vasile Alecsandri Street
- Telephone: 021 317 38 89
- Visiting hours:
- Wednesday – Sunday, 10:00 – 18:00
- *Ticket office closes at 17:30
R.A.T.B: 1, 19, 23, 27, 123, 124
- 5 lei – adults
- 2 lei – students, retirees, military officials, organised groups
- Free entry for children under 7 years of age.
- Photo/Filming fee – 15 lei
The Frederic Storck and Cecilia Cuțescu Storck is located on the northern side of Bucharest, at No. 16 Vasile Alecsandri Street. The Museum’s heritage was mainly formed by the donation made in October 1951 by Cecilia Cuțescu Storck and daughters Gabriela Florica Storck and Cecilia Frederica Storck Botez, towards the People’s Town Council.
The house – an architectural monument – was built by the two artists between 1911 and 1913, and preserves the creations of an entire family of artists.
Karl Storck (1826-1887), a sculptor, was the first sculpting professor at the School of Fine Arts, founded by Theodor Aman. He is the author of the first monumental sculpture of Bucharest, which still exists today, and portrays Mihail Cantacuzino.
Carol Storck (1854-1926), sculptor, Karl Storck’s son, is the author of three of the allegories decorating the Bucharest Palace of Justice, and of the monument “General Dr. Carol Davila”, located in front of the Bucharest University of Medicine.
Frederic Stork (1872-1942), sculptor, Karl Storck’s son, was a professor at the Bucharest School of Fine Arts.
Cecilia Cuțescu Storck (1879-1969), painter, wife of sculptor Frederic Storck, was the first female professor in an art academy, not only in Romania but also in Europe. She taught painting and decorative arts at the Bucharest School of Fine Arts.
The Frederic Storck and Cecilia Cuțescu Storck collection encompasses sculptures, paintings, drawings in ink and charcoal, pastels, watercolors, and gouache works. Additionally there are a series of plates and bronze medals, as well as other collectibles, such as ancient coins, and icons.
Presently the museum functions according to a contract between the Municipality Museum and brothers Alvaro and Alexandru Botez, who have offered the building at No.16 Vasile Alecsandri Street for the exhibition and preservation of the collection.