THE “CORNEL MEDREA” COLLECTION
The Medrea Collection came to life through a successive series of donations. The first took place in 1948, following an ample retrospective exhibition. Initially the donation, which featured 118 paintings and 38 sketches, was exhibited for a few years at Mogoşoaia Palace, and in 1957 was moved to a building at No. 16, General Constantin Budișteanu Str. This remarkable late 19th century neoclassical building was later on returned to its rightful owner.
The collection in its present form features 384 sculptures and drawings. Starting with 2007 its most representative pieces have been on display in the Palace of Parliament.
10 - 10